Training SolutionsYour Business Training Partner
Thank you! Now, here’s my special report:
The Top 7 Things You Need To Do: Before You Hire, During The Interview, and The First 6 Months After You Hire
Before You Hire – Get Ready
Here are the things that you should do to get prepared.
Create an Organizational Chart for the Next Two Years
- Identify what positions need to be filled and create job descriptions for each
- There is a method for writing job descriptions we can help with that
- There are key phrases you want to have and some you want to make sure you don’t use
If you have staff
- Decide if any of them can fill the job descriptions or if you have to hire from outside
If you don’t currently have staff
- Prioritize the positions and decide where you will start; an assistant or office manager is usually the first
Write the Job Ad to be Posted
- Include the experience and qualifications you want
- Describe any physical issues; must be able to lift 25 pounds, or stand for several hours, or walk stairs
- You may list salary range and hours
Time for the Interview
This could be several levels depending on the position
- Review the resume if the work experience/qualifications don’t match your needs, send an e-mail note stating that they don’t have the qualifications you are seeking.
- Telephone Interview: Have 3-5 questions that will help you determine if this person could be who you need. You may ask the salary range
Face to Face Interview
- Review the job description
- Ask why they applied for this position, what they know about the company and their career goals
- Remember you are hiring for 2 reasons; they fit the culture of the company and they have the competencies you need
You Have Chosen the Candidate
Prior to Day 1
- Send a new hire letter to tell them when to report and where, as well as what to bring
- Set the tone and make them feel welcome
- Introduce them to the people they will be working with as well as the managers
- Give them a tour of the office
- Discuss the employee manual, set up payroll and other important documents
- Give them the procedures manual for their position
- Using the procedures manual and job description set expectations for the job
- Set weekly meetings to give feedback and review progress
- After 2 months reduce the meetings to every other week
- After 4 months meet monthly. The meetings can be less than 20 minutes to check-in and make sure all is on track
Enable them to play to their strengths and do their best work
Why Engage With Us?
Harriet Cohen is a Business Consultant & Advisor and the owner of Training Solutions. After years of industry experience, she started Training Solutions, a boutique consulting firm that provides expert resources for organizations and individuals to help them achieve their goals, improve customer satisfaction, develop staff on all levels, guide strategic/business planning, address legal and compliance regulations, and positively impact both retention and recruitment.
The Training Solutions team are comprised of consultants, experts, and industry authorities who will work to facilitate the development of strategic, business, and marketing plans for your business. The value of this expertise is important because we specialize in implementing plans, evaluation measurements, policies, and procedures to help your business excel. You are an expert at your business. We are the experts at helping businesses to succeed.
Harriet is an expert at taking new and existing businesses through every stage of development. Working with Training Solutions allows you to maximize your efforts and excel in all areas. What’s blocking your success in business? Training Solutions will customize a plan for you and work to help you execute that plan to push your business through to the next level.